POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glow effect + turbulence(3 images about 20K each) - attached files (1/1) : Glow effect + turbulence(3 images about 20K each) - attached files (1/1) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:23:34 EDT (-0400)
  Glow effect + turbulence(3 images about 20K each) - attached files (1/1)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 2 Sep 2000 17:03:21
Message: <chrishuff-DCBAFB.16042902092000@news.povray.org>
I just finished adding turbulence to the glow patch, it seems to work
pretty well. Here are some of my experiments with it:
Lamda, omega, and octaves were left at their defaults.
turbulence1.jpg has a turbulence amount of 10 and turbulence scale of 1.
turbulence2.jpg: amount 0.35, scale 0.1
turbulence3.jpg: amount 0.5, scale 1
I am still working on making the turbulence scale feature work with
patterns and ordinary warps as well as with glow. The current syntax
just adds an optional vector parameter following the existing "amount"
parameter.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'turbulence1.jpg' (22 KB) Download 'turbulence2.jpg' (20 KB) Download 'turbulence3.jpg' (20 KB)

Preview of image 'turbulence1.jpg'
turbulence1.jpg

Preview of image 'turbulence2.jpg'
turbulence2.jpg